South High School
Wednesday, March 29, 2017
Track @ Highland excuse at 1:15pm; bus departs 1:45pm
JV/V Baseball & Softball vs Kern Valley do not excuse early; 4pm
V-Tennis @ North; JV Tennis vs North 3:30 van
Golf @ Kern River 12 noon van
FS Track @ Liberty excuse at 1:36pm; bus departs 2pm
Swimming vs Highland @ Jefferson Pool excuse at 1:36pm; bus departs 2pm
JV Softball @ Centennial Tournament @ Golden Valley
· Follow South High on Twitter - @shrebels
· Share your photos! Follow yearbook’s Instagram @shsyearbook17 and hashtag your photos with #shsyb17, so we can see them and put them in the yearbook! Or share them with us directly through the ReplayIt app available in your app store
· Senior recognition ads are still available! Srs get your yearbook for free with a full or half page ad in the yearbook. See Mrs. Kumpel (D30). Also, yearbooks are $85 until May 1. Use the payment plan to split up your payments online or @ finance office.
· Prom tickets are on sale today for $55 until Fri. 3/31, from the Finance Office, must have current school ID to purchase, also money owed screen must be in good standing– get yours early and enjoy the Roaring 20’s @ Petroleum Club Sat, April 29th, 6-10pm. All guests MUST be cleared by Dean’s Office PRIOR to purchasing their ticket, pick up form from Dean’s Office.
· ASB Election packets for 2017-18 school year are available from the AO. All packets are to be returned NO LATER THAN Friday, 3/31/17 to the AO. You must have attended the mandatory meeting yesterday to run.
· STUDENTS & STAFF: We are having a blood drive Wed. March 29th in the small gym. Save lives and donate. Eat a hearty breakfast before donating. We would like ALL Rebels including STAFF to participate. Snacks & drinks are provided.
· Community Service Opportunity: The Lori Brock Museum is looking for students with prior knowledge in robotics, science, technology, engineering, arts, & math to help with their STEAM Saturdays, Spring Break Camp & Summer Camp. Must be at least 16 yrs. old. See Mrs. Ibarra in the counseling office.
· Rebels have a younger sibling, niece or nephew that’s between 4-11yrs old? If so, bring them to Baby Rebs Cheer Camp! No cheer experience required, held April 5-7, 5:30-6:30pm @ South cost is $20! Pick up registration forms in C13 or front office!
· Seniors! The South High Scholarship must be submitted to Ms. Cisneros no later than Friday March 31. If you have not picked up your application and would like to apply for this scholarship, stop by the career center and pick yours up today!
· Attention sophomores & jrs, Link Crew is looking for you! If interested in becoming a Link Leader to help our incoming freshmen next year, come by H-71 @ beginning of 4th lunch or C-18 @ beginning of 5th lunch March 30th or 31st. We’ll have an informational meeting and handing out applications. You must come to the meeting to receive an application. Please be on time as the meeting will only be about 5 min. Hope to see you all there!