South High School
Thursday, March 30, 2017
JV/V Baseball & Softball vs Kern Valley do not excuse early; 4pm
V-Tennis @ North; JV Tennis vs North 3:30 van
Golf @ Kern River excuse after 2nd period; 12 noon van
FS Track @ Liberty excuse @ 2pm vans
Swimming vs Highland @ Jefferson Pool excuse at 1pm; bus departs 1:30pm
JV Softball @ Centennial Tournament @ Golden Valley
· Follow South High on Twitter - @shrebels
· Share your photos! Follow yearbook’s Instagram @shsyearbook17 and hashtag your photos with #shsyb17, so we can see them and put them in the yearbook! Or share them with us directly through the ReplayIt app available in your app store
· Senior recognition ads are still available! Srs get your yearbook for free with a full or half page ad in the yearbook. See Mrs. Kumpel (D30). Also, yearbooks are $85 until May 1. Use the payment plan to split up your payments online or @ finance office.
· Prom tickets are on sale today for $55 until tomorrow @ 3pm from the Finance Office, must have current school ID to purchase, also money owed screen must be in good standing. Enjoy the Roaring 20’s @ Petroleum Club Sat, April 29th, 6-10pm. All guests MUST be cleared by Dean’s Office PRIOR to purchasing their ticket, pick up form from Dean’s Office after clearance.
· ASB Election packets for 2017-18 school year are available from the AO. All packets are to be returned NO LATER THAN tomorrow, 3/31 to the AO. You must have attended the mandatory meeting yesterday to run.
· Rebels have a younger sibling, niece or nephew that’s between 4-11yrs old? If so, bring them to Baby Rebs Cheer Camp! No cheer experience required, held April 5-7, 5:30-6:30pm @ South cost is $20! Pick up registration forms in C13 or front office!
· Seniors! The South High Scholarship must be submitted to Ms. Cisneros no later than Friday 3/31. If you have not picked up your application and would like to apply for this scholarship, stop by the career center and pick yours up today!
· Attention sophomores & jrs, Link Crew is looking for you! If interested in becoming a Link Leader to help our incoming freshmen next year, come by H-71 @ beginning of 4th lunch or C-18 @ beginning of 5th lunch today or tomorrow. We’ll have an informational meeting and handing out applications. You must come to the meeting to receive an application. Be on time as the meeting will only be about 5 min. Hope to see you all there!
· The UGLY BOOK PAGEANT is in Library, come see 100 or more entries, then check them out. Our students have designed new FANTASTIC covers for the books. The book that gets checked out the most by April 30th will earn the designer a $50 gift certificate to Russo’s Books. Read, Read, Read! That is how you vote.
· Students, are you having a hard time applying for a job? Stepping Stones Youth Development Program can help. The SSYDP will be having a workshop to assist you in job searching, interview tips, and more. Must be 16–21 yrs old. Event takes place Friday, 3/31/17 and you must RSVP. If interested see Mrs. Ibarra (counseling office) or Ms. Cisneros (career center.)
· Students are you at least 16 yrs of age and looking for a summer job? The Madison Place Comm. Cntr will be hosting a job fair Friday, 3/31 and offer a great opportunity for you to get a jump start on your summer job search. Pick up a flyer in career center.