South High School
Friday , September 1, 2017
Dress in “SPIRIT Day” Attire
All indoor & outdoor sports have been canceled including today’s FB games
School Holiday - Labor Day
· Follow South High on Twitter - @shrebels
· Back to School night has been rescheduled to Wednesday, Sept. 13th from 6-8pm.
· Students: The free or reduced price lunch benefits will expire soon. If you haven’t filled out a new lunch application for this year, you can pick up an application in the front office. Completed applications can be returned to C16A or the front office. Remember, students who qualify for free or reduced lunch also qualify for discounts on college entrance exams.
· Rebel Nation – 93 rebel news is looking for a couple of new anchors. Auditions will be held today, 4th & 5th periods in IT93 if interested please stop by and talk to Mr. Garcia. News is filmed one day a week after school.
· ATTN SENIORS: Herff Jones representative will be on campus today during 5th lunch to take cap & gown orders. Please pay the representative, thank you.
· Attention freshmen! ASB positions are now open! Would you like to be the President of your class? Would you like to represent and speak for your class? If so stop by the ASB office and pick up an Election Packet. Our MANDATORY meeting will be held Thursday September 7th in the AO. Bring your lunch!
· Attention Rebels: these ASB positions are now open: Historian, Performing Arts Commissioner- must have 1 year experience in the Fine Arts program, & Commissioner of Publicity.
· Attention Rebels! Sat., Sept. 16 is HIGH SCHOOL night at the BC football game! Come out and be a part of our Tailgate Party! Entrance to the game is only $1.00 with ID!! See you there!
· Are you interested in applying to a Saturday morning program at UC Santa Barbara? Interested in learning concepts involving current science and engineering research? Apply to School for Scientific Thought in the Career Center with our EAOP Coordinator, Ms. Lopez, during lunch or after school. Deadline to apply is September 13.
· NHS applications are due Friday September 8th to Miss Gray in P115. If you do not have app yet it’s not too late to come by and pick one up!
· If interested in attending the Washington DC & New York trip, there will be a parent/student informational meeting in D-35, 6pm Wed, Sept 6, 2017. If interested and you can not attend, please stop by and talk to Dr. Bowens in D-35.
· Want to join the Mock Trial team? Any student may be on the Mock Trial team. The first Mock Trial meeting will be held in C17, Tuesday afterschool.