South High School
Tuesday , September 5, 2017
TODAY is a regular schedule:
Volleyball @ Taft; excuse after 6th period; depart 2pm
V-Tennis @ North 3:30pm-Van; JV-Tennis vs North 3:30
Golf vs Taft @ Buena Vista 2pm; TBA van
WEDNESDAY is a Regular Schedule
X-Country @ Lake Ming; excuse after 6th period; depart 2pm
THURSDAY is a Regular Schedule
Freshman FB @ Arvin; excuse after 6th period; depart 2pm
Volleyball vs Delano 4pm; 5:15pm; 6:30pm
V-Tennis @ Mira Monte 3:30pm-Van; JV-Tennis vs Mira Monte 3:30
FRIDAY is a Regualr Schedule
JV/Varsity FB @ Arvin excuse after 6th period; depart 2pm
V-Volleyball @ Highland TBA; bus TBA
V Volleyball @ Highland Tny bus TBA
JV Volleyball @ GV Tny bus TBA
FS Volleyball @ EB Tny bus TBA
X-Country @ Independence Invitational; bus depart 7:30am
· Follow South High on Twitter - @shrebels
· Back to School night has been rescheduled to Wednesday, Sept. 13th from 6-8pm.
· Students: The free or reduced price lunch benefits will expire soon. If you haven’t filled out a new lunch application for this year, you can pick up an application in the front office. Completed applications can be returned to C16A or the front office. Remember, students who qualify for free or reduced lunch also qualify for discounts on college entrance exams.
· Attention freshmen! ASB positions are now open! Would you like to be the President of your class? Would you like to represent and speak for your class? If so stop by the ASB office and pick up an Election Packet. Our MANDATORY meeting will be held Thursday September 7th in the AO. Bring your lunch!
· Attention Rebels: these ASB positions are now open: Historian, Performing Arts Commissioner- must have 1 year experience in the Fine Arts program, & Commissioner of Publicity.
· Attention Rebels! Sat., Sept. 16 is HIGH SCHOOL night at the BC football game! Come out and be a part of our Tailgate Party! Entrance to the game is only $1.00 with ID!! See you there!
· NHS applications are due Friday Sept 8 to Miss Gray in P115. If you do not have app - it’s not too late to pick one up!
· If interested in attending the Washington DC & New York trip, there will be a parent/student informational meeting in D-35, 6pm Wed, Sept 6, 2017. If interested and you can not attend, please stop by and talk to Dr. Bowens in D-35.
· Want to join the Mock Trial team? Any student may be on the Mock Trial team. The first Mock Trial meeting will be held in C17, today afterschool.
· All girls interested in playing soccer there’ll be an informative meeting on Wed. at 2:45 sharp in portable 110. Don’t be late!
· MARCA is having a meeting today right after school in the Rebel Family Center, important information to share be on time. Also anyone wanting to join the MARCA club Come by and join our meeting today, right after school
· Attn Sophomores, Jrs, & Srs! If you earned a 3.6 GPA or above on your last report card, you may qualify for CSF. Applications can be picked up in room D22 Ms. Serrano or in the counseling office. There’ll be an informational meeting Wed. after school room D22 @ 2:45. Don’t miss out on being a part of this exclusive honor!
· Are you interested in applying to a Saturday morning program at UC Santa Barbara? Interested in learning concepts involving current science and engineering research? Apply to School for Scientific Thought in the Career Center with our EAOP Coordinator, Ms. Lopez, during lunch or after school. Deadline to apply is Sept. 13.